If you have read the last post, you know I am trying to start the year right.
While I am excited for February and talking to 2 wonderful people and be part of their journey, I am waiting for conversations for March and April.
However, this post is about the Giveaway that Elizabeth Harrin, Director Otobos Group has been very kind enough to do.
It's getting privileged access to Better Project Status Reports online course. For more details about the giveaway click here - its the e-book and online course of value £49.
To win it, you can be on the of 6 people I will be talking to OR you can email your story at (steppingintopm at gmail.com). it should be about what inspires you to work harder to become a project manager. Send in your stories by March 30.
If you are part of SIPM or heard of it, told a friend about it- you know that there has always been an interest to give back to the community that has given so much to me.
I am indebted to so many for giving me the opportunity, a second chance, reading my blog, supporting me when I have doubted myself and keeping me inspired- so introducing I AM LISTENING ( to you).
This is a combination of an idea and effort where I open up a slot of 20 minutes (over Skype or Google Hangout) to listen to you from February-April- twice a month.
I would like to just listen in to your stories of –
- Personal inspiration and struggles to make it in the professional world, even if it’s not project management.
- I would like to listen if you have had a mentor who has changed your life
- I would like to know if you have connected with someone using the SIPM platform
- How has your determination paved your own destiny
I will also take up:
- Questions on career, growth, job changes, hurdles, mentorship.
- Connect you/suggest someone can help you along the way
So, for individuals who would like me to LISTEN, please send me an email with the subject line as “I AM LISTENING”, in the body please mention:
- Your full name
- What you would like me to LISTEN about/Your story
- Your LinkedIn/blog/twitter link (optional)
- Month you would prefer to connect(Feb-April)
Right now its open from Feb to April, so only 6 people can get the slot. Once I connect with you, I will send a calendar link with open timings and work around a common time between Friday-Sunday.
And I know I will need a lot of help in this as well, so if you are an organization or individual that would like to partner up or help someone as well, feel free to send an email or tweet and we will connect with you. Your subject line in email should be “IAMLISTENING-Partnership”.
This could be as simple as opening up a summer internship opportunity, could be opening for a job, something as simple as giving them a 10 minute slot to connect with you or providing your services of online mentoring, a free giveaway of an online course, a peek into your tool, a 50 percent off on your e-book.
Of course, there’s no charge from my end and I would hope the same for partnering up individuals or organizations. However, if you do decide to charge; please mention the fee for your services in the email.
For IAMLISTENING- Partners, please include:
- Point of contact’s name
- Name of Organization you represent
- Your email
- Category of Service
- Details of service
- Charges (if any)
If you have questions around this please email(steppingintopmatgmail.com) or tweet (@Soma_b) or facebook me with the hashtag #SIPM
(Pic courtesy: Google images)
- 7.30 am- wake up. By now I have probably been up twice or thrice at night, sometimes at a stretch depending on Rio. I am not a morning person; however I almost never sleep past this. Starts with getting Rio his bottle, changing diapers, hugging him and then heading to the kitchen.
- 8.00am- Coffee in hand, I put the brown rice to boil and head to clean up my bed. Rio follows me around the house and sometimes he will be busy with his toys (read cars). I come back to chop veggies and get the brown rice stir fry done- that’s my usual lunch. I have checked my phone by now- emails and whatsapp.
- 8.30am- Lunch is packed- brown rice stir fry with veggies, a small bowl of salad/yogurt. Breakfast is oats (masala oats) that I will start around now, sometimes with a side of eggs. Meanwhile I will also, go layout my clothes, pack my stuff, go through my office calendar. Some days if I have the time, I will go through my Happiness Diary, may be read through the old pages or sometimes scribble in a line or two.
- 9.00am- Nanny arrives. Breakfast is ready and I head to the shower. Get dressed and have breakfast. I detail out Rio’s food plans for the day and head out by 9.30
- 10.30am- I have gone through my emails and replied, had my first cup of tea and have taken the day head on.
- 11.30am- I try to walk around a little, even if that means walking over to the water cooler or around the floor or sometimes take a flight of steps to be a little more active. I check my phone app-Pacer to see my count of steps and get back to work again.
(Pic courtesy: Google Images)