I have seen organizations where everyone assumes the other person knows everything and can move ahead. This doesn’t make sense.
So if you are a new project manager, do your team a favor and make sure they have what they need to get the work done.
- New member of your team know their role like the oldies do. They don’t, so tell them what you need from them .
- Any given work, should come with direction of deadline, limitations, what needs to be done, where the information is stored, whom can they communicate with etc.
- By sharing information and giving directions you save time and your project by clearing off complications and wasting time.
- If you have written documents, share them. If you don’t email with bullet points, so the job role is defined.
- If you haven’t done any of the above, don’t barge in one day and tell your team that they have been lousy and not done their job on time.
Practice what you preach.