Everyone thinks of changing others, but no one thinks of changing themselves- Leo Tolstoy
Here are 10 shifts to try this year and like they say you can't have something new by repeating the same old things. So, what do you say- is this the year for you to really change?
You can check the video directly here
You can check the video directly here
- Be Comfortable Being You- This year should be about you and you need it to embrace it. This means it comes with both the positives and the negatives that we carry with us in 2019. If you are someone who struggled in 2018 professionally or emotionally, accepting it is okay instead d denying the struggles. The struggles make us who we are. This year is about believing in us even when others don’t. I found this short video of one of the fastest growing You Tubers about her struggle and how she kept at it even when others around her didn’t quiet believe in her.
- Creating the Right Environment- When we create goals and start working towards them, the main objective is to be able to sustain that. to be positive always, however they are podcasts, youtube videos, books etc which can help you learn the tricks or maintain that vibe for longer period of time. We also have to acknowledge that no one can stay positive month after month. Everyone has downtimes and when you do, just pick yourself up as soon as you can and get moving.
- Growth Mindset- As opposed to the fixed mindset where nothing will and can change and you don’t want to fall in to this category where you think everything is stagnant. People with growth mindset on the other hand will ensure that evolving is part of their routine, they will invest their time and money and in learning and growing. To be able to imagine yourself in a place you would like to be needs to have a growth mindset- because these are the people who believe they can do it even if that involved hours of learning and trying out something new.
- Saying No- If you need to get things moving this year, the one thing you need to protect is your time. So saying yes to everything also means giving away your time without adding any value to it. so, say no this year. Say no to:
- Negative people
- Negative vibes
- Unsupportive people
- Bad habits
- People who bring you down
- Not standing up for yourself
- Apologizing for saying no
- Do what you feel is positive for you, even if that means saying no for the brunch but taking the time to sip tea in the balcony and rest your day or mind. That has more value than mindless eating with people you don’t even care about.
- Finding a Hobby- Hobby is the one thing that not only relaxes us, it also removes us from the stressful environment and let us be ourselves. There are numerous studies about the benefits of having a hobby.One in eight adults over 60 report some form of memory loss.This study found that adults who engaged in activities like arts and crafts, book clubs and travel were half as likely to develop mild cognitive impairment in their 80 as those who did not pursue brain-boosting hobbies.
- Taking Care of your Health- Money will come, so will success but health once lost is difficult to get back. So, no matter what, ensure you are healthy and they are small things w can do to bring in the changes, if you take the right care. From better brain health, to risk reduction of chronic diseases benefits are countless. So this year focus on your health and you may also have better focus at work.
- Being Present- We repeat us everyday, same routine, same things to do and sometimes we are so in automated mode that we don’t know what we had for lunch that day. Being aware or in the moment is whats suggested by so many, primarily to ensure that you are just no breezing past life. It is for you to really smell the roses, go through the experience of life and make changes along the way. Being present allows you to make conscious choices, experience the wins and losses and course correct yourself.
- Inspect and Adapt- Not everything works out all the time, so the best part about life is the flexibility to readjust the route. Just because your resolution said something, doesn’t mean you have to follow it if it doesn’t make any sent to you anymore.
- Flush out the Toxins- I think no matter how good your intentions, things will not work perfectly unless you can create the right environment for you. Toxins in any form, human or location should be the first to be taken care of. Once this is done and you know you can thrive, setting the right intention and following it can be life changing.
- Revisiting All of the Above- Plans are made to change and they should be. So writing down all the goals might be great but visiting them often could lead you to rewrite them as situation needs to be. Also revisiting goals might be a way once of reminding what is important in your life and work towards it single mindedly.
(Pic courtesy: Pinterest and Google Images)