If you are in and out of meetings all day as a project manager; you should figure out by now the best way to run them efficiently.
- Set the objective- why are you calling this meeting? Email a clear bullet point agenda a day before the meeting. Make sure everyone is informed on the reason for the meeting so they come prepared.
- Required Outcomes of the meeting- If there’s some decision making happening which is the output of the meeting; make sure you mention it in the email. More information you put there, you make it easier for the members to understand. Any document required to make the decision should be attached in the email when you send out the agenda.
- Assign a note taker- You want someone to volunteer to take down notes or you can bring in your own note taker during the meeting. You don’t want to miss out on important points discussed during it and send out a detailed minutes after the meeting.
- Manage your time well- No one wants to get bored. Try standing up for the meeting, manage your team by limiting the meeting and to run your meeting like Google, read up this link.
- Discourage taking sides- Don’t take sides during meetings, beware of what you say and how you say it. Meetings are a great way to learn about human behavior, body language and a way to understand the reactions even before it happens.
Don't underestimate the importance of meetings, its a great way to learn about the people you work with. So, run them well, learn from them and be an expert in benefiting from them.