Travelling can be fun unless you are doing it way too much.
I still love it and the challenges it brings with it, over the past few months I have learnt the art of packing mostly over terrible mistakes.
- Always pack in your own shampoo- The hotel shampoo might leave your hair so limp that you wished you had your own.
- Always have an extra pair of clothes in your handbag/backpack- I keep one in my laptop backpack just in case my luggage doesn't arrive.
- Travel Light- I carried more than I should initially, now I just pack right most of the time.
- Keep a list- It helps every time.
- Be comfortable- I carry one thing with me that will make me comfortable and keep me relaxed: a magazine, iPod, a good book.
- Try local cuisine- This is my favorite part of travelling, I might not get the time to try out sight seeing always but at least I get to try the food.
- Learn everyday- There's so much to learn by just observing people or while travelling. We get used to the same set of people so much that a change while travelling gives us a better opportunity to learn when we travel.
So, while I'm leaving for the airport in the next 30 minutes- I hope you get the chance to travel and say yes to it!
I love the idea of traveling, but actually doing it takes a lot of energy out of me (especially when I'm traveling to a different time zone)! Thanks for the helpful reminders, though. Much can be learned through traveling!
Post a Comment