- Is it a way to earn your paycheck?
- A way to find out your calling?
- Or is it your life’s purpose?
If you are struggling to figure out what’s your life purpose, the Japanese concept of Ikigai explains it all
If we are fortunate enough to match up our purpose with the jobs we have, life can only be amazing.
If you are trying to match it up here are 5 tips:
- Find out what you like to do. Try Mind Mapping
- Once you know your Ikigai, try internship positions/volunteer
- Try reading up/taking courses on the subject matter (like from Coursera ). Having a degree will only add up to the chances of finding a job in that domain
- Revise your resume. Don’t send resumes that cater to all types of jobs you are thinking about, it will make you look less serious to the one you are applying for. Customize your resume line by line for the job.
- You will know when your job matches your Ikigai- it’s probably also your hobby. You enjoy waking up and heading out for your job.
(Pic courtesy: Google Images)