So, its been crazy busy here and as you might have figured with the lack of posts. Days and weekends just breezed by and at some point I just had to stop myself and breathe. Hows your schedule lately?
My space (both headspace and personal) is always very important for me, to recharge myself thats what I have been trying to do.
And thats what I am sharing with you today- How to Organize your Personal Space and Recharge.
I didn’t have the luxury to take time off, however its a continuos cycle for me, so I figured I can just get on with my checklist organise myself and take a step back.
And if thats what you would like for yourself, keep reading.
1. Clear out the Space- The mental cluttered space which hasn’t had the time to allow you to move about freely. When I have a lot going on, sometime I am really very organised/productive and sometimes I just crash. I crash primarily when I have no time to recharge.
- So, I tried to not clutter my mental space more and just let myself breathe. I just ensured my energy level was fine for my job and home (priorities). Rest had to wait.
- I tried doing something I enjoy- listened to some music, decided to go back on track with my wellness journey and again focus on basics
- I also got some flowers, added a new rug to the living room and got a French press. Small things that make me happy and bringing my attention and awareness back to myself- mindfulness.
2. Find Myself and Purpose in Life- We are constantly changing because of the environment we are in, the people we are surrounded by. With time we change and thats a wonderful thing, so the goal you had for yourself even 6 months ago might not be something you want now. So, I really had to look within and figure what I wanted and what my next 5 years goal was and then re-orient myself. So, if it didn’t make sense for me in the 5 year plan scenario, its not worth stressing for.
3. Take Couple of Hours off- Well, I couldn’t take a day off, but Saturday afternoon I just did nothing. Spent on my couch watching Youtube and ordered Pizza.
4. Keep the New Goals Visible- So it can always been seen, use a planner or just write it down in your mirror anything that works for you. Create a morning routine around this and feel good about yourself. That just might be the trick of getting the focus back and of course…….
5. Try New Things- There are plenty of reasons why trying something new is scary for a lot of us; however try out without putting a lot of pressure on you. So, don’t just change quit your current job because you want to go globe trotting. Take time to plan, consider the future and then go for it.
I hope this evens out things for you as it has for me. If you need a planner to get back to your new schedule you can download one here for free.
Have a wonderful week ahead!
(Pic Courtesy: Pinterest and Soma Bhattacharya)