I happened to stumble on this article which talks at length about the qualities needed. Here are few questions taken from the article which to-be-PM's perhaps should think over.
- What basic skills do I lack, and will they interfere with my work?
- What non-Project-Management experiences will help a person be a good Project Manager?
- What are my strongest skills, and will I exercise them daily?
- If I become a Project Manager, what style of management would I tend towards?
- What organizations will best reflect my own values and complement my personality? Where will I “fit in”?
- Why are certain parts of the job so difficult for me?
- How can I grow into the job? What training or experiences will help?
To know more about your personality, visit here .