If you don’t have a choice just go with anyone who is ready to help you.
If you have and to make the most of your time, here are some of the things you might want to consider:
- Make sure your mentor understands why you are looking for mentoring
- Be very clear on what you would like to get out of the experience
- Make sure the timings work for both of you
- Be prepared and get clear instructions on what you are supposed to get done and how to get it done.
- Discuss the plan and how your mentoring is help you make sure this includes what you are lagging behind in.
- Listen to them, however if you don’t agree with something, clarify it and bring in your input.
- Treasure the experience and learn as much as you can
To read more about why mentors are very important in your life, click here