The year 2008 has been extremely special to me. I started my blog, started writing extensively about PM, prepared for the exams (certifications) and was determined that this is what I really want to do for the rest of my life.
I have learnt more than I imagined, have got some great advises from amazing Project Managers and connected with them whose sites and blogs have helped me learn the trade.
I have learnt some lessons the hard way and I want to share it with all of you here-
- Being smart isn’t enough, having the right attitude is.
- Be very clear about your goals.
- Build your credibility, it takes time
- Learn from the experts.
- Be humble.
- Enjoy your work, it shows.
- Resource management is the toughest.
- Make your everyday work life creative, find out ways/things that interest you.
- A blog helps to seal your point of view and show your genuine interest for the profession.
- Project Manager’s are nice people, helpful and genuine- perhaps it comes with the profession.