If you are getting into it, there are certain things you might want to consider:
- Time zone difference is the most important thing to consider
- Culture needs to be treated as a bonding factor
- Accents and language barriers can be solved
- Work ethics should be synched
- Communication will keep the team together
- Work will happen on how you manage all of the above
So, why hear it from me? Having worked closely with two cultures- Indian (by birth) and American (Masters degree and later work) I have survived and made some lifelong friends on the way from both the worlds through my work. Being globally placed is awesome.
Part II of this post coming soon.
(Picture Courtesy: Google Images)